Meetings & Events
Mountain Bike Trail Building - Calling All Volunteers!
Saturday, May 28, 8:00 - noon, meet at Annex Drive garage
Jefferson County Parks and area trailing building volunteers will be meeting at the white garage on Annex Drive in Jefferson to work on the Jefferson multi-use trails. We will be continuing work from last fall on the Green trail and then moving on to some of the blue lines by the end of the year. For now we have the following trail building dates set and hope you can make it out. Questions? Email Kevin. Remember to bring your backpack, extra water, snacks, gloves, and safety glasses if you have them.
Bark River Family Paddle
Saturday, June 11, 9:30 a.m., put-in at Burnt Village Park
Put-in is at Burnt Village Park (County Hwy N), #48, to take-out Fort Atkinson Public Launch (N. Water Street West), #65. Please be unloaded and ready to shuttle vehicles by 8:45 am at put-in site. Please RSVP with me at email@example.com. Note: paddle craft rental is available from 2Rivers Bicycle & Outdoor at 920-563-2222 for this stretch of river. Call 2Rivers as soon as possible to reserve a canoe or kayak. [see flyer.]
Volunteer Work and Paddling with the GHA Paddle Volunteer Corps
Volunteer Corp Work Days
- Saturday, May 7 — Bark River, work from Cushman Road bridge south of County Rd Y to Hwy 106 (take-out #46), 8 am to noon. Please be unloaded and ready to shuttle vehicles at 7:45 am at the put-in.
- Tuesday, May 17 — Lower Koshkonong Creek from Rockdale, #70 to Hoopen Rd, 8 am - noon. Please be unloaded and ready to shuttle by 7:45 am at the put-in.
- Saturday, June 18 — Koshkonong Creek from Cambridge to Rockdale, 8 am – noon. Put-in location is on Water Street parking lot near the Cambridge Library, #69. Take out-it is in Rockdale near Heather's Tavern, #70. Please be unloaded and ready to shuttle by 7:45 am.
- September — Rock River Sweep Help remove garbage from the Rock River. Details TBD.
Volunteer Corp Paddles
- Wednesday, May 25 — Rock River, put-in # 51 in Pipersville, south of town and east on County Road P, just over the bridge. Take-out #53 is to the north above the first Watertown dam at the small access. Bring your lunch in a waterproof bag. PFD is required, and there is no rain date. Vehicle shuttle starts at 10:30 a.m. Please contact Kasy at (608) 222-0746 by Tuesday, May 24 at 6 pm to RSVP. With the water high, this may be a great trip this year!
- Saturday, June 11 —Bark River Family Paddle, 9:30 to about 11:45 am. Put-in is at Burnt Village Park (County Hwy N), #48, to take-out Fort Atkinson Public Launch (N. Water Street West), #65. Please be unloaded and ready to shuttle vehicles by 8:45 am at launch site. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org. Paddle craft rental is available from 2Rivers Bicycle & Outdoor at (920) 563-2222. Call 2Rivers as soon as possible to reserve a canoe or kayak.
- Tuesday, July 19 —Paddle Rock Lake in the moonlight! Led by local paddler Carl Glassford, the two-hour tour will begin and end at Bartel's Beach, 5 S. Ferry Drive in Lake Mills. The evening starts with a potluck picnic at 5 pm and launch at 7 pm. Please bring a waterproof, white light (flashlight) for your paddle craft and a dish to pass if joining the supper. Call Carl at (920) 945-0049 to RSVP. This is a Madison City Paddlers event.
- Saturday, July 23 — Koshkonong Creek Family Paddle from Cambridge to Rockdale, 9 am launch. Put-in location is on Water Street parking lot near the Cambridge Library, #69 and take-out is in Rockdale near Heather's Tavern, #70. Vehicle shuttling to take-out begins at 8:30 am. With CamRock bike trail alongside the Creek (2 miles in length), consider shuttling your own vehicle by biking back from Rockdale to the put-in. Remember to secure your bike with a lock.