Date(s) - 11/08/2018
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Burnt Village Park
Categories No Categories
Join us on the (nearly) Annual Family Fun Float! We’ll be floating down the Bark River from Highway N (aka “Burnt Village”) to Haumerson’s Pond in Fort Atkinson. The trip is 5.2 river mails and takes between 2 to 2 1/2 hours depending on your ambition. On the float, you’re likely to meet some of our neighbors (no promises!): Sandhill cranes, Great Blue Herons, Great Egrets, Painted turtles, muskrats, deer, owls, bald eagles (all seen this spring and summer by Board Members floating this stretch). At Haumerson’s Pond, you’re welcome to pack a lunch and enjoy the new and amazing warming hut and park’s trails.
This trip is great for families and those new to this stretch of water. The current is slow and paddling is easy.
B-Y-O-boat or rent from 2 Rivers Bicycle & Outdoor (920-563-2222)
This event is FREE. $10 Donation recommended (split between Friends of Glacial Heritage Area and Friends of Haumerson’s Pond)
- 9:15 am: Show up at the Highway N (aka “Burnt Village”) around 9:15 am if you’d like the free shuttle (those renting from 2 Rivers will arrange shuttle through them)
- 9:15-9:45 am: We’ll shuttle vehicles to the Haumerson’s Pond takeout
- 10 am: Hit the water around 10 am with our fleet of boats
- 10 am to noon-ish: Enjoy some morning paddling
- Noon-ish: Take out at Haumerson’s Pond and settle in for lunch if you brought it
Map of the route (PDF Version):
Note that the event may be canceled in the event of severe weather, and there will be no rain date.